Sacred Journeys with Bruce Feiler
Lourdes - Shikoku - Jerusalem - Hajj - Kumbh Mela - Osun-Osogbo
Sacred journeys are as old as humanity, yet they're more popular today than ever before. Tens of millions go on a pilgrimage each year. In this landmark series, New York Times best-selling author Bruce Feiler travels with American pilgrims on six historic pilgrimages. They set out from the ordinary and seek the extraordinary.
- In Lourdes, France, bathe in sacred waters with wounded soldiers from around the world in a moving search for healing and reconciliation.
- In southern Japan, trek with Buddhist pilgrims on an 800-mile, 88-temple journey as they seek personal salvation and renewal.
- In Jerusalem, follow the trail of pilgrims from the three Abrahamic traditions as they ground their faith in one of the holiest cities on Earth.
- In Mecca, go behind closed doors of the Hajj in a rare, intimate look at pilgrims making the trip of a lifetime.
- In India, plunge into the Ganges during the largest human gathering on earth, the Kumbh Mela, which takes place every 12 years.
- And in Nigeria, dance at water's edge with African-Americans at a spectacular Yoruba festival where they reclaim their religious roots.
Unprecedented in scope, Sacred Journeys with Bruce Feiler will forever change how you view your own spiritual journey.
VIDEO USAGE RIGHTS
Why the AV version? Because it provides additional usage options for PBS videos. AV versions come with limited performance rights so they can be shown in classrooms, at PTA meetings, during after school programs, and transmitted on a closed-circuit system within a building or on a single campus. They also can be enjoyed in admission-free public screenings, which also makes them ideal for use by library patrons and businesses involved in community clubs and organizations.