Sweet Revenge: Turning the Tables on Processed Food
For years we have been told that type 2 diabetes, liver and heart disease are caused by eating too much - it's all our fault. Dr. Robert H. Lustig explains that the problem is the quality and not the quantity of the food we eat. The real culprit is processed food, loaded with added sugar and stripped of its natural fiber and nutrients.
In this program, Dr. Lustig explains:
- Obesity is not the real problem; being thin is no protection from disease.
- All calories are not equal - which to avoid and which to eat.
- How your hormones can make you sick or healthy.
- Why sugar calories are so dangerous to your liver and your life.
- Easy, practical ways to get sugar and processed food out of your life.
Robert H. Lustig, MD, MSL is a pediatric endocrinologist and author of the New York Times bestseller Fat Chance - Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity and Disease. He is leading the groundswell to expose the high sugar content in processed food, and the dangers and costs to our health. As a practicing pediatrician, Dr. Lustig is on a mission to reverse childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. Together with Heather Millar and Cindy Gershen, Dr. Lustig authored the Fat Chance Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes Ready in Under 30 Minutes to Help You Lose the Sugar and the Weight.
Producer: Ken Nochimson
Production Year: 2014
Copyright Year: 2014
Talent: Robert H. Lustig
Writers: Barbara Kram
Subtitle Language: English (SDH)
Audio Format: Stereo
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen