You can actually become more fit, both physically and mentally, as you grow older. Join Dr. Henry Lodge as he dispels the myths of American aging and explains the new science of aging. Learn how to take charge of your biology to become functionally younger - more vibrant, purposeful, and dynamic - for years to come.
- 70% of what we think of as ""normal"" American aging is not aging at all - it's decay, and it's a choice we make every day by how we live our lives.
- Motion is the first great key to taking charge of your biology. Exercise transforms your body and brain at the cellular level - fitness is just a great side effect.
- Emotion transforms your body and brain as well, through specific biology that you can control.
- Learn how to cut your risk of heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, and cancer, and how to grow younger for decades to come.
Bonus features include
- Q&A from studio (15 minutes)
- Longevity (How long can we live?) (12 minutes)
Dr. Henry S. Lodge, MD, FACP is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, where he has been a faculty member since 1988. He is ranked as one of the Best Doctors in America by Castle and Connolly, and has been profiled in Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, Who's Who in Science and Engineering, and Who's Who in the World. He is a Board Certified Internist, and co-author, with Chris Crowley, of the New York Times bestseller Younger Next Year, and Younger Next Year for Women.
Producer: Advise & Consent, Inc.
Production Year: 2011
Talent: Dr. Henry Lodge
Subtitle Language: English (SDH)