During the final years of his life, Joseph Campbell embarked on a speaking tour in which he drew together all that he had learned about what he called the “one great story” of humanity. Set includes Mythos 1 - Myths, symbols, and the birth of human consciousness. Mythos 2 - Universal mythic stories and images in the religions of Asia. Mythos 3 - Mythic themes in the tales and philosophies of the modern West. Presented by Academy Award-Winner Susan Sarandon. 15 episodes, 6 DVDs, 12 hrs.
- Psyche and Symbol - The psychological impulse for and response to myth.
- The Spirit Land - How myths awakened American Indians to the mystery of life.
- On Being Human - The emergence of myth in early hunter-gatherer societies.
- From Goddess to God - The gradual shift from the Goddess to male, warlike deities.
- The Mystical Life - Non-biblical mythic strains that helped shape the Western spirit.
- The Inward Path - The core myths of the great Asian religions.
- Enlightened One - The Buddha and enlightenment, East and West.
- Our Eternal Selves - Yoga and transcendence.
- The Way to Illumination - Kundalini yoga and the seven chakras.
- The Experience of God - Tibetan Buddhism and the spiritual journey that is death.
- Love as the Guide - The Arthurian romances, including Tristan and Iseult.
- The Path of the Heart - Parzival and the Grail Quest.
- Beyond Time and Space - The Romantic philosophers.
- Between Pairs of Opposites - Thomas Mann and The Magic Mountain.
- Into the Well of Myth - The Joseph novels and modern myth