Masterpiece: Wolf Hall
Tony® Award-winning actor Mark Rylance (Twelfth Night) and Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award-winner Damian Lewis (Homeland) star in the six-hour miniseries adapted from Hilary Mantel's best-selling Booker Prize-winning novels: Wolf Hall and its sequel, Bring Up the Bodies.
From humble beginnings and with an enigmatic past, Thomas Cromwell (Rylance) is the brilliant consigliere to King Henry VIII (Lewis). Told from Cromwell's perspective, Wolf Hall follows the complex machinations and back room dealings of this pragmatic and accomplished power broker who must serve king and country while dealing with deadly political intrigue, Henry VIII's tempestuous relationship with Anne Boleyn (Claire Foy, Little Dorrit), and the religious upheavals of the Protestant reformation.
A historical drama for a modern audience, this unromanticized re-telling lifts the veil on the internal struggles England faced on the brink of Reformation. At the center of it all is Cromwell, navigating the moral complexities that accompany the exercise of power, trapped between his desire to do what is right and his instinct to survive.
Three Card Trick
The Devil's Spit
Master of Phantoms
Bonus Extras include…
- Peter Kosminsky - Interview with the director of Wolf Hall. Describing story of series, about Thomas Cromwell, actors and crew, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Mark Rylance - Interview with actor who plays Thomas Cromwell. Describes character, story based on history, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Mark Gatiss - Interview with actor who plays Steven Gardiner. Describes character, history, experience working on series, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Damian Lewis - Interview with actor who plays Henry VIII. Discusses character, story, how he relates to character, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Jonathan Pryce - Interview with actor who plays Cardinal Wolsey.
- Claire Foy - Interview with actress who plays Anne Boleyn. Discuss interaction of characters.
- History and Design - Interviews with Production Designer, Costume Designer, Hair and Make-Up Designer, Director of Photography, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- The People & The Politics - Interviews with cast and crew about story line and history, shooting styles, character backgrounds, basing script on book, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Bringing It To The Screen - Interviews with Colin Callender (EP), Director Peter Kosminsky, Producer Mark Pybus, Writer Peter Straughan, discuss story lines, characters, original books. includes Behind the Scenes footage..
Producer: Mark Pybus
Executive Producer: John Yorke, Polly Hill, Rebecca Eaton, Martin Rakusen, Ben Donald, Tim Smith, Colin Callender
Production Company: Playground Television UK Ltd; BBC Worldwide Limited
Production Year: 2015
Copyright Year: 2015
Director: Peter Kosminsky
Actors: Damien Lewis, Mark Rylance, Claire Foy, Bernard Hill, Anton Lesser, Mark Gatiss, Mathieu Amalric, Joanne Whaley, Jonathan Pryce
Writers: Mark Pybus
Subtitle Language: English (SDH)
Audio Format: Stereo
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen