The fundamental benefit of mindfulness is that it improves your overall health and well-being. Learn techniques from some of the nation's leading experts, including Jon Kabat-Zinn and Chade-Meng Tan, who will teach you how to focus your attention in a brand new way. And watch Mindfulness Goes Mainstream, a documentary that addresses mindfulness and its many benefits to mind and body.
Mindfulness Goes Mainstream - Techniques Mindfulness is going mainstream and you can join the movement now sweeping the country. By following the techniques included on this DVD set you'll learn how to focus your attention on the present, one breath at a time. The fundamental benefit of mindfulness is that it improves your overall health and well-being. Thousands of studies have been published citing how meditation improves mental health, reduces stress and anxiety, enhances heart and lung functionality, and dramatically enhances focus and performance.
Any individual can learn mindfulness at almost any age. Practicing these mindfulness techniques will help you develop the ability to live in the moment and handle more effectively the daily barrage of stresses we all face. This DVD set includes techniques from some of the nation's leading mindfulness meditation experts who will teach you how to focus your attention in a brand new way:
- Jon Kabat-Zinn, Founding Executive Director of the Umass Center for Mindfulness, leads a 15-minute long guided meditation.
- Jack Kornfield, mindfulness teacher and author, guides you through a short meditation exercise that can be used at work or at home.
- Chade-Meng Tan, the former Jolly Good Fellow at Google, teaches you a short 2-minute guided meditation that can be done at lunch or during a short break at work.
- Saki Santorelli, Executive Director of the Umass Center for Mindfulness, demonstrates a meditation exercise that's suitable for individuals of all ages and abilities.
- Dr. Carl Fulwiler, Medical Director at the Umass Center for Mindfulness, introduces a silent mindfulness meditation exercise good for sound mind and body.
- And observe how mindfulness is put to practical use at companies like Aetna and with police officers who walk us through guided meditations.
ALSO INCLUDES: Mindfulness Goes Mainstream, a documentary that addresses mindfulness and its many benefits to mind and body.
Producer: Anne Adams, Laurie Donnelly, Nicolas Stein
Production Company: WGBH Educational Foundation
Production Year: 2017
Copyright Year: 2017
Number of Discs: 3
Length: 165 minutes
Subtitle Languages: English (SDH)
Language Track: English
Audio Format: Stereo
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen
VIDEO USAGE RIGHTS
Why the AV version? Because it provides additional usage options for PBS videos. AV versions come with limited performance rights so they can be shown in classrooms, at PTA meetings, during after school programs, and transmitted on a closed-circuit system within a building or on a single campus. They also can be enjoyed in admission-free public screenings, which also makes them ideal for use by library patrons and businesses involved in community clubs and organizations.